Here is what you need to know to obtain a BPO license after your DUI plea in Central Florida.
Step 1: Enroll in a DUI School:
You must enroll and COMPLETE DUI school, choose Level 1 (for first-time offenders) and Level 2 (for those with previous offenses).
- Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Brevard Counties: Enroll here
- Lake County: Enroll here
- Volusia County: Enroll here
- For Other Counties: to find a DUI school in your county, click here.
- Required Documentation: Be prepared with necessary documents.
Step 2: Apply for BPO Hardship License:
- Complete the DMV’s waiver form, available in this application form
- Mail application along with the following required documents:
- Judgment / Final Disposition (paperwork from court),
- $12.00 filing fee, (money order or cashier’s check)
- DUI citation,
- Arrest affidavit, and
- DUI school completion certificate.
We suggest mailing your application to the following address for efficient processing: Orlando Office, 4101 Clarcona-Ocoee Rd, Suite 152, Orlando, FL 32810.
Step 3: Application Processing:
Wait for the DHSMV to process your application, which can take 2-4 weeks. You’ll be notified via phone or email.
Step 4: License Pickup:
Once approved, visit the nearest DHSMV office to pick up your license. A reinstatement fee of $206.25 will apply. Schedule your visit here.
What is the scope of the BPO Hardship License?
The BPO Hardship License permits driving strictly for business-related activities, which includes commuting to and from work, tasks during work hours, attending medical appointments, grocery shopping, participating in school-related functions, and attending church services. It is important to note that the BPO cannot be used for CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) operations.
Insurance Requirements: Provide proof of liability insurance on the date of arrest and current coverage. You will need to get SR-22 insurance when notified by the DMV. Click on this link to shop for the best rates.
We understand this is a challenging time, and we’re here to assist you every step of the way. If you need further help, please call our office at (407) 476-4111.