Personal Injury Cases
Personal Injury cases involve harm that a person may suffer due to the negligence of another. Proving the defendant was negligent (or careless) is essential in recovering damages for your injuries.
There are four main elements of proving negligence:
- Duty of Care: The defendant must have had a duty of care toward the plaintiff. For example, a reasonable person in the same situation must have been able to determine that his or her action might cause injury.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant had to have failed to carry out their duty of care. For example, if a driver was involved in hitting someone at night because he or she had a broken headlight on their car, that person breached the duty of care to the person they hit. It was the driver’s duty to maintain their car and make sure it was safe to drive.
- Cause: The defendant’s breach of duty must be the reason why the plaintiff suffered injuries and is suing.
- Damages: A plaintiff must show that he or she was harmed as a result of the defendant’s actions.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Handled
Beyond physical pain, coping with the financial and emotional consequences of a serious accident can be overwhelming. Joel Leppard is committed to helping you obtain compensation for your losses and has resolved cases involving:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Defective Product Liability
- Dog Bites
- Premises Liability
- Negligent Security
- Boating Accidents
Additionally, a large part of Personal Injury Law involves automobile accidents, including car accidents, trucking accidents, and motorcycle accidents. At Leppard Law, we understand the difficulties that can arise after an automobile accident. We have witnessed the injuries and damage that can result from a crash and understand the struggle some victims may face in trying to recover compensation for their losses. In Florida, there are specific rules and regulations that can complicate insurance claims and the recovery of additional damages, such as pain and suffering, in cases of severe injury or death. To help ensure you receive full compensation for your losses, it is important to contact an Orlando attorney who is well-versed in Florida-specific laws regarding auto accident claims.
Joel Leppard has a history of success when handling automobile accident cases and he understands how important it is to ensure that your rights are protected.
Types of Automobile Accident Cases Handled
Leppard Law handles a variety of personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, including those stemming from:
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Multiple party accidents
- Accidents as the result of car defect, faulty road design, and more.